• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWstats not working after upgrade to 8.3

I just answered my own question. It appears that the problem has not been fixed. Using AWSTATS on a particular domain, I receive this disclaimer page:

"This is the placeholder for Web statistics. If you see this page, that means that statistics for your server was not gathered yet, or bandwidth was not used. Statistics is typically set to run once every 24 hours. If you do not see a change to this page in the next 24 hours contact your server administrator for assistance.

This page has been automatically generated by Plesk."

Is everyone still experiencing this issue?

Dave

Has this placeholder been there for more than 24 hours?

Cheers,

Scooby.

Yes. It has. It started appearing when I upgraded to 8.3 about four days ago. Webalizer works, but not AWSTATS.

You can also try to reinstall AWstats maybe it is not correctly upgraded?

John S.G.

@ Scooby

If you see the placeholder for more than 24 hours, the stats are not calculated at all. I have 22 domains of 83 that are not calculated anymore since Plesk 8.3.

If Webalizer works, check if the stats are correct. Like others reported too, the visitors & bandwidth dropped dramatically in my case after the update. Download the logfiles and evaluate them with a loganalyzer. If you see a huge difference compared to Webalizer, then Webalizer is not not correct working too.

i noticed following situation with Filemon.

Statistics.exe only reads 4096 bytes per second of a logfile.
I have some logfiles (per domain for one day) that are around 200 MegaBytes large so only statistics calculation of one Domain would take half a day.

Also when statistic calculation starts lsass.exe-service needs much cpu-time (around 30 to 50 percent)

I also checked/repaired file-permissions with plesk reconfigurator (with actual version from knowledge-base) without any effect of statistics-calculation-speed.

with best regards
Markus

Sergius ...

It appears that many users are reporting similar problems. Do you still need a testing server? If so, reply here with an email address where I can send you access info.

Thanks.

Dave

@ Scooby

If you see the placeholder for more than 24 hours, the stats are not calculated at all. I have 22 domains of 83 that are not calculated anymore since Plesk 8.3.

If Webalizer works, check if the stats are correct. Like others reported too, the visitors & bandwidth dropped dramatically in my case after the update. Download the logfiles and evaluate them with a loganalyzer. If you see a huge difference compared to Webalizer, then Webalizer is not not correct working too.

Hi there,

That's not my problem, it's lwmg's.
All I'm getting are reduced visits. Sergius and the guys are looking into my server.

Cheers,

Scooby.

Sergius ...

It appears that many users are reporting similar problems. Do you still need a testing server? If so, reply here with an email address where I can send you access info.

Thanks.

Dave

Scooby,

It would be good to look at your server. Please send me PM with credentials.

Gentlemen,

Please download updated module statistics.exe and copy it to folder %plesk_bin%.
Please backup old module before copying.

Any feedback is very appreciated.

P.S. Thank all who helped us.

Update with the statistic.exe looks good, the statsitic today is much higher as the days before. THX Sergius!!

Is there a solution to update the days before, where the statistics were false?

MFG
Superbroki!!!

The fix worked in my case. Thanks Sergius!

Rebuilding lost statistics though, that's a pain in the neck.

Yes, this version of statistics.exe works.
Now it processes 2 MB per second (before around 4KB per second)

Not working

The fix is *not* working for me. I have 30 domains, and the awstats is showing 0 visitors since Plesk 8.3 installation. Plus, I have a weirder error. Currently, awstats reports show WARNING: LastLine parameter in history file is '20080213110021' so in future. May be you need to correct manually the line LastLine in some awstats*.domain.com.conf files. for all domains.

I run statistics --verbose. The only shown text is: Save FTP logs 2: '' HTTP logs 2: '' mail logs 2: '' then statistics.exe exits.

Please advise.

Upgrade to statistics.exe works but!

Hey, the update got the stats running again but I have like 12 days of stats not calculated for my clients. How does one update from the previous days, I have tried to add all previous days to the log and run the stats manually but it will not add those days.

Thanks in advance.
Cyberbob

Could you please add this to the KB. Some people don't have time to search the forum in order to find a link. Thank you!

statistics.exe posted here has no effect for me (I did a fresh install of Plesk and moved the accounts from an old server with 8.2 using backup/restore as I do not have any option to migrate otherwise).

Back