• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup all sites

Z

zolotujin

I wonder how my backups of all sites Plesk? Is there a visual tool to backup?

someone could help me

Not sure i understand your question but is Plesk backup not working for you?
It backs up clients,site etc

error pleskbackup

pleskbackup run error.

Attached image

Attachments

• printscreen003.jpg
    printscreen003.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 72
i have the same problem: there is no Plesk backup utility anymore

I have tried to find the Plesk Backup / Restore utility in the Plesk menu,
There is not anymore, it's missing

I have used it very well to make backup / restore till version 8.6 ...and now...it does not appear on the Plesk menu in Start menu

any solution ?!

I'd like to know once and for all times, is there or is there no GUI backup utility like it was in 8.x? If there is no way for me to backup all sites excluding some files and domains, Plesk 9 is no use to me.

belive it or not,

There is no backup utility for Plesk 9.
I deeply regret I made the upgrade to plesk 9. Plesk 8.6 seemed to be very good.

Now what, should I pray for the hard disk of the server not to crash, or should i go through each domain in Plesk and perform the backup individually ?!! meanning...for 100 sites on the server shall I have to make this 100 times.

Is Plesk suppot going to provide a solution to this critical issue ?!?!

Aghhh, I think I am having a nightmare :-( The GUI was great and last versions even allowed the excluding of selected files... In 9 there is no such utility. Yes, i can backup site by site, but... As you said, it is not an easy task and my complete backups were replicated to backup server etc...

How can I go back to 8.6?

honestly.... I wouldn't risk going to performing a downgrade to plesk . This is very huge risk. Leave it as it is or you'd better make an OS reload with clean install of Plesk 8.6 and then restore sites from backup

or, wait for a solution from Plesk regarding this issues around the version 9. Hope they will release an update or provide a fixing...patch..etc

personally i will wait, i am not going to downgrade

I'd wait, but is Paralleles seeing this as a "bug"? I fear this was intentional because of the new insite web based backup. If my fear is real, there will be no new backup program :-(

such an issue basically could not escape just like that, i have doubts it was a bug
on the other hand, it's hard to belive that they sugest to use the internal web based backup, that is not a tool for administrators !

I REQUEST PARALLELS TO PROVIDE A FEEDBACK TO THIS CONVERSATION

use tmp 7zip batch scheduled

Hello to all,
we also had the problem of backup all sites...
right now... for a temporary solution I did like this...

1. Installed 7zip
2. added 7zip path to windows path variable
3. created a batch file
4. created a scheduled backup for every week day (Mon,Tue,Wed etc..) that launch my batchfile with Day parameter
5. my batch file actually moves the backup created to a NAS (but this is your choice what to do)

here is my batch file

@ECHO Off
rem %1 is the day parameters
rem userdata to connect a share
set UserData=/USER:backupuser password
set TmpFolder=D:\Tmp-Backup
rem FolderListFile is a textual file with the list of the folders to backup one for each line
set FolderListFile=d:\PleskScripts\BackupFolders.txt
rem
for /f "tokens=1,2,3 delims=/- " %%x in ('date/t') do set d=%%z%%y%%x
set LogFile=%d%_LogBackup_%computername%.txt
set BackupFile=%computername%_%1.7z
rem
echo Start BACKUP -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
rem
7z a "%TmpFolder%\%BackupFile%" @%FolderListFileFolderListFile >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
rem
echo Start movin file on NAS >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
Net use N: %DestFolder% %UserData%
echo Moving file %BackupFile% on N: %DestFolder% -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
move /Y "%TmpFolder%\%BackupFile%" N: >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
echo End moving file %BackupFile% on N: %DestFolder% -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
Net use n: /delete
rem
echo END BACKUP -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"

ex of BackupFolders.txt content
d:\PleskWebSites
d:\MyMailServer

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\logs\migration.log should show you what it is doing. The utility is called pmm-ras.exe

Instead of boasting about their new backup tool they should have been testing it. If you do not need plesk 9 I would advise that you do not upgrade until a fix for this has been released.

Right now I am stuck on plesk 9 with no way of creating a valid plesk backup.

sorry I forgot DestFolder

@ECHO Off
set UserData=/USER:backupuser password
set TmpFolder=D:\Tmp-Backup
set DestFolder=\\10.0.1.200\backup\%computername%\%1
rem
for /f "tokens=1,2,3 delims=/- " %%x in ('date/t') do set d=%%z%%y%%x
set LogFile=%d%_LogBackup_%computername%.txt
set BackupFile=%computername%_%1.7z
rem
echo START BACKUP -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
rem
7z a "%TmpFolder%\%BackupFile%" @d:\PleskScripts\BackupFolders.txt >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
rem
echo Start moving on NAS >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
Net use N: %DestFolder% %UserData%
echo moving file %BackupFile% to N: %DestFolder% -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
move /Y "%TmpFolder%\%BackupFile%" N: >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
echo end moving file %BackupFile% to N: %DestFolder% -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"
Net use n: /delete
rem
echo END BACKUP -- %date% %time% -- >> "%TmpFolder%\%LogFile%"

Gentlemen,

Actually GUI backup/restore tool is dropped since Parallels Plesk Panel (PPP) 9. You should either use command-line tool or web based interface.

It would be good to get your feedback about new interface usability. I realize that now there are a number of annoying bugs in a new version of the product. However we will try to fix the most of backup/restore issues in the next update.

It would be good to get your feedback about new interface usability. I realize that now there are a number of annoying bugs in a new version of the product.

Sergius, that is what a BETA TEST is for. Wasn't this product tested before it was considered your RELEASE product?

They will fix it if you pay the Support Ticket fee. They will even admit that its a bug. I cant understand why they just dont fix it for everybody unless they need the money so they will get to a fix in a month so that most of us will pay for support tickets.

Plus if you call Parallels here in the USA, Some stupid receptionist gets paid to tell you that you cant talk to anybody in the company unless you pay them. All of plesk support seems to be in Russia and they want our money or forget it.

I have 31 Plesk servers and will NEVER add another plesk server because of this backup issue that they refuse to fix unless you pay them for a bug fix.

I am no good ad command line iterface and the web GUI tool doesn't have option to backup ALL sites at once. I think if the GUI for all sites (can be web based, no need to be exe based) is not back, Parallels looses big time.

Back