• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup - corrupted tables (and other problems)

ManuelGDot

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone.

After a server crash I had to start from blank with Plesk 12 on Ubuntu 14.04. Before I was running Plesk 11.4 on Ubuntu 10.04

Plesk 12 restore of the Plesk 11 backups didn't yet work and I had to restore most things manually ASAP. I got basic web and mail running again, but before attempting another restore I wanted to backup the current state.

First I got errors due to horde tables. I tried to install the horde modules, but got mysql errors at the installation process as well.
Code:
**** Product post-install for horde failed.

*****  problem report *****
ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was:         SET SESSION sql_mode=REPLACE(@@SESSION.sql_mode, 'NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER', '');
                        GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER ON horde.*
                                TO 'horde'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '####';
                        FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 12.0.18 post-install for horde AT Mon Oct 12 10:25:24 CEST 2015
To complete product installation one should run bootstrapper script:
      /opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
Still the horde backup errors disappeard afterwards.

Now I'm left with
Code:
Warning:mysql "abc_"
Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/abc/domains/abc.de/databases/abc__1 successfully. Use of chdir('') or chdir(undef) as chdir() is deprecated at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Storage/Bundle.pm line 39.
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'abc_'': Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1548)
Just one databes as an example. I get this error for ALL databases.
I tried this fix, which seemed to have helped others: http://kb.odin.com/en/121164

But I get this output:
Code:
Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 5.5.44, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
I'm not sure if forcing it will fix it.

What should I try next?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, mysql is updated regarding that I updated the whole distro from 10.04 to 14.04. The database comes from the 10.04 system. Version now is 5.5.44.

I highly doubt it's a hardware problem, my server is a virtual machine in a AAA datacenter. I suspect more that it's a migration problem.

Still I really need some help to fix this, I don't know what to look for. The database content looks fine to me, all websites work without a problem. Plesk Backup doesn't work however.

I forgot to mention that I get the backup error for all tables, not only for one.

I think you should try the --force perfix in the mysql_upgrade command as you have mentioned in the earlier post.
I was afraid to do so and it turns out, for good reason. Now I did it and can't log into plesk anymore.

I tried this fix: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/error...ccess-denied-for-user-admin-localhost.321390/
But it doesn't work. Mysql has locked me out.

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (also tried root, admin, ...)

The previous problem was that mysql couldn't be stopped or restarted by
/etc/init.d/mysql stop [fail]
or any other attempts.
After trying couple of solutions, it was rather simple as it could be stopped by upstart
service mysql stop

Getting closer to my first heart-attack I guess...
Will try the backup again now.

The journey continues..

Tonight I got an email:
Code:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
Proposed solution to this is to fix the password for debian-sys-maint, which I managed to do.

But I still got no root login into MySQL. I tried everything from this page, nothing worked: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MysqlPasswordReset
So when I try to manage databases from Plesk via PHPMyAdmin I get an error "Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed".

Man, this was a fresh 14.04 / Plesk 12 install, how could things go so wrong? I'm screwing on this for a week now, I didn't mention in this thread the estimated 40 minor problems I had to fix, like port 587 being unreachable for smtp, missing favicons on every website etc.

Last edited:
Realized that Plesk doesn't use the user "root" anymore, but now it's using "admin", for the Panel as well as for MySQL
http://kb.odin.com/de/1252 proposes to create the admin user if it's missing. Sadly the document seems dated.
When I look into the PHP files, most things aren't written out but set like this: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = $GLOBALS['db_host']
So do I now need to dive into the sources of PMA to figure out what $GLOBALS['db_host'] is set to in that specific context?

EDIT: The above is partly wrong. The user "admin" exists and works, otherwise I couldn't log into Plesk. So the "controluser" issue probably is related to the missing mysql root.

Some help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back