• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup error after recent update

I have received following information from developers:

Issue occurs on Plesk with postfix.

Root cause:
'/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng --features' fails to run 'postconf' if it isn't in PATH as for scheduled backup.

Workarounds:
1. Back up domains w/o suspending - error about sitebuilder still occurs.
2. Suspend/unsuspend any domain to set 'mailmng:features' in 'BackendCache' table.
3. Set PATH to 'postconf' to /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager - typically it's a '/usr/sbin/'.

Hi Igor, thank you!

first of all - yes, postfix is running on all the problem-servers. On one server w/ qmail installed this doesn't happen, but it's an older one with Plesk 9, ...and I must not understand why a problem with postfix will be reported as a problem with Parallels Sitebuilder ;-)

Anyway, the workaround sounds little tricky. First I have set up a non-productive server to check out the solution.

Btw., will this behaviour be fixed in near future? It would be nice :)

Thanx again & Happy Easter!

Yes, we have corresponding bugreport and it will be fixed in one of nearest Plesk update.

again

the error appears again on my two servers (OS: Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen / Panel version:10.4.4 Update #26, last updated at April 16, 2012 04:06 AM)...

migration.result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2012-04-17-040011.699/migration.result">
<object name="domain" type="client">
<object name="domain.tld" type="domain">
<object name="domain.tld" type="hosting">
<message id="207ff1bf-5ff3-4804-891a-952bc7bb8256" severity="error" code="UtilityError">
<description>Unable to backup Site Builder publishing status on site domain.tld (ErrorCode: 1, STDOUT:).</description>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</object>
<object name="domain.tld" type="client">
<message id="ec21256e-77b5-4887-8136-442d96fae060" severity="error" code="UtilityError">
<description>Unable to backup Site Builder publishing status on site domain.tld (ErrorCode: 1, STDOUT:).</description>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</object>
<object name="domain.tld" type="client">
<message id="a0f950de-1fe5-4ef1-881c-ac50695f25e1" severity="error" code="UtilityError">
</message>
</object>
</object>
</object>
</execution-result>

I'm waiting for a parallels update.

Sad, very sad

Ok, so if my understanding is correct, Plesk is designed for people with no big knowledge about server maintenance, to make it possible to do it easier. And it is not free of charge. So after you pay, you might expect to get professional product while in fact you got backup bug in a recent update, which of course was very important to make, because of that security hole, and now everyone who don't know server maintenance very well has to stress about their backups not being done.
Conclusion, how to say it more calm, well I'm not happy at all. This is really important bug and I expect it to be fixed as soon as possible, but it's been really lot of time since last update and my plesk has no new updates for this fix. And of course if something bad will happen to my server I will have no recent backups. I mean, I'm paying money for this to work, so at least I expect to have step by step workaround.

Hi,

I am receiving this same error in Plesk recently.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I see the linked to article with bug fixes, but it doesn't explain how to fix this error.

I hope I am posting in the right place!

Unable to backup Site Builder publishing status on site x.com (ErrorCode: 3, STDOUT:).

Back