• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Error - Delete APSClientApplicationItem

P

psni

We just upgraded to v8.4 from 7.6. Now we are getting the following in the backup reports. Nothing in documentation. Anyone know where we delete these Application Items?

Backup completed successfully.
Backup file D:\Backup\Plesk\psa-8.4-HOST2.HOST2-2008.05.23.psa created.
The log files are stored in the directory C:\plesk\PrivateTemp\PSABackupLogs\20080531.00
The following warnings were encountered during backing up:
Unable to find parent APSApplicationItem(33) for APSClientApplicationItem(1). Probably this APSClientApplicationItem is dead and must be deleted.

Unable to find parent APSApplicationItem(38) for APSClientApplicationItem(2). Probably this APSClientApplicationItem is dead and must be deleted.

is seems there are links in Plesk database to non-existent records.
it is only possible to delete such records manually
actually these are only warnings during backup and you can safely ignore them

Finally did some cross referencing in the PSA database tables, the domains and deleted app items that no longer exist for those domains.

Dead links are APSClientApplicationItem (id) where id is the item identifier. They are supposed to be removed.

DmitryT. Thanks for the reply. Although I figured it out on my own it would be helpful and save the admins a lot of time if there were steps to include the location of the database (PSA) and table name, along with tables that maybe indexed or impacted by any changes to that table. Any solution should be worded for the inexperienced admins.

Similar problem - more info for the average user

I had the exact same problem and I'm just posting more information for the next person who experiences this problem. Please note information is provided as is and directly manipulating the PSA database is probably not a good idea if you don't know what you're doing.

When I loaded SQLYog to access the PSA database on my Windows server port 8306 by using the default Plesk username and password and I noticed two tables of relevance:

1. apsclientapplicationitems
2. apsapplicationitems

The first table, apsclientapplicationitems, had three rows:
id / client_id / app_item_id / instances_limit
1 / 4 / 21 / -1
2 / 6 / 21 / -1
3 / 1 / 21 / -1

When I referenced the second table, apsapplicationitems, I noticed that the ID column only goes up to 18. So my assumption is at some stage there were more APS applications and one of them had an ID of 21.

My solution was to remove the three rows in the apsclientapplicationitems table.

Why did I want to get rid of these problems in the first place? Well these warnings came up during my backup process. The problem is for each warning I have to dedicate time, effort and resources to determine the exact extent and risk of the warning. I can't just assume warnings have no relevance because my clients won't accept this excuse if something goes wrong. So for each warning that I eliminate I am able to have a more successful backup.

Back