1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup error in WInPlesk7.0.2

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by flyby, Oct 14, 2004.

1. flyby

flyby Guest

I try to make a backup in the domain CP, and then I made a backup whit the Plesk Backup soft ware..

When I restore i get an error on a file Thumbs.db (in plesk skins), I try one more time and set it to "skip missing file" and it was ok.

But alle my files in my root folder was missing. WHY?
    My aplication, databases and mailbox was back, but my homepage was not...

Anyone ??

2. inCharge.co.uk

inCharge.co.uk Guest

Here's a partial answer...

Thumbs.db is created by windows when you view a folder with Windows Explorer in thumbnails mode. It's just a temporary cache file and doesn't need to be backed up.

I don't know why it messed up your backup but you could avoid the problem by searching for all occurances of thumbs.db under /inetpub/vhosts and deleting them before doing a backup.

Cheers, Julian

3. flyby

flyby Guest

Hey Julian

The problem is that the trumb.db is int the Skins for Plesk like the XP / silver and so.

Not on the web sites..

Strange ;)

BR
    Flyby