• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

backup error msg

Just finished virtualizing my Plesk server, and now I get this error:

Following error is occured during scheduled backup process:

Runtime error in pmmcli:
class 'pywintypes.error' (21, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The device is not ready.') Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 1846, in main
data_action_response, errcode_response, error_message = actions.get(sys.argv[1][2:])(parameters)
File "D:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 1721, in make_dump
return ActionRunner(MakeDumpAction, backup_task_description, None).doActivity()
File "D:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 75, in doActivity
result = self.processor.doActivity()
File "D:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 860, in doActivity
if osutil.free_bytes(local_dump_directory) (long(disk_space_required) * 1048576):
File "D:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\lib\python\osutil.py", line 188, in free_bytes
sectorsPerCluster, bytesPerSector, numFreeClusters, totalNumClusters = GetDiskFreeSpace(os.path.splitdrive(path)[0] + "\\")
error: (21, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The device is not ready.')

Some of the posts I've read say something about changing the backup directory (in this case to a different- and virtual machine)
But the again we have been running errored backups for weeks before we even migrated the server... no error code with these, it simply said completion status was error.
A bit stumped..

Are you sure that you do not use network share mounted as disk for Plesk backup? This is impossible. Plesk can use only local folders as a backup storage. If you want to change backup location you can simply change the value in registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\DUMP_D

Back