• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems with backup and new Python version

Mr. Tate

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.50 Update #1
Hi everybody, I have just installed Plesk on a new server and something that never happened to me before has sprung up. I have installed Plesk on AlmaLinux 8.7 and upgraded Python to version 3.9 from 3.6. I then used alternatives to set the new Python version as the default version accessed when executing python3. This has broken the backup manager: I can't access the Web page anymore and executing /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmmcli --get-tasks-list Backup returns this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 332, in execute
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 262, in _wrap_coverage
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 294, in _wrap_profiling
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 375, in _execute
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 433, in execute_entry
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 438, in execute_module
File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/runpy.py", line 228, in run_module
return _run_code(code, {}, init_globals, run_name, mod_spec)
File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 10, in <module>
File "<frozen zipimport>", line 259, in load_module
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/pmm_api_xml_protocols.py", line 35, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lxml'
I checked using pip the presence of lxml for python3.9 and the module is properly installed. So I ran again alternatives --config python3 and set the old 3.6 version as default and everything runs fine. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thank you!

It seems so weird to me that such a simple operation like updating Python breaks Plesk's backup and I'm the only one to notice so I wonder if it's something specific to the process I used...

Same for my. Python update to 3.11 breaks backup manager. Switching back to 3.10 resolves issue temporarly.
Any idea what to do?

I gave up immediately and just left Python 3.6 as default and explicitly called later versions of Python I installed in my scripts.

Back