• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue backup failed

dicker

Basic Pleskian
Hallo,
Ich bekomme seit Tagen beim Sichern folgende Fehlermeldung.
Das Remote-Backup kann nicht erstellt werden: Transportfehler: Erweiterungstransport: ext://sftp-backup/server/: Fehler beim Übertragen der Remote-Datei: sftp: „Failure“ (SSH_FX_FAILURE)
Ich verwende Betriebssystem
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.42 Update Nr. 1, zuletzt aktualisiert: 4. April 2022 19:23:47

Hello,
I've been getting the following error while backing up for days.
Unable to create the remote backup: Transport error: Extension transport: ext://sftp-backup/server/: Failed to transfer the remote file: sftp: "Failure" (SSH_FX_FAILURE)
I use operating system
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.42 update #1, last updated: April 4, 2022 19:23:47

What if you try to connect to the SFTP server from Plesk server in the command line with

# sftp sftpserver.tld

There may be a problem with key fingerprint which should be updated.

root@h2954824:~# sftp sftpserver.tld
The authenticity of host 's2.joserv-server.de (my ip)' can't be establi shed.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:/UIg9wh4Tc2fvm82f+kYNu9igWoNkjKBLOLRm//O7N0.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'sftpserver.tld,myip' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
[email protected]'s password:
Connected sftpserver.tld.
sftp>

And what is behaviour from the SFTP backup extension side?

I do not know what you mean.
Backup is made automatically at 1 am.
The backup doesn't finish or hangs up, so I have to end it in Putty, otherwise the load on the server would be high.
I haven't changed anything on the server. It had always worked before.

The SSH_FX_FAILURE error is generic and (unfortunately) doesn't give much info on the cause of your issue.

ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:/UIg9wh4Tc2fvm82f+kYNu9igWoNkjKBLOLRm//O7N0.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
This suggests the key fingerprint wasn't known on your server, which might have caused the backup to fail. As you have now accepted the key fingerprint this might have solved your issue. You can try to start a backup manually to see if it works.

Another thing to check is if your remote backup location isn't full and has ample storage available.

Back