• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup hangs for hours on some domains

Superkikim

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I have a backup script backing up each domain separately. Sometimes, everything goes perfectly. My 1st bunch of domains (12 domains) is done within 10 minutes, and the 32 remaning domains are done in two hours.

But sometimes, like last night, the script stay still during the backup for hours. If I kill the running one, then the next doamain is succesfully backed up, but another one later will hang again.

This happens on any kind of domain. With lots of data or no data, with database or no database...

I have found with ps aux that it appears to be stucked on the processes below. Could anyone help me troubleshoot this

Code:
usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --domains-name mydomain.com -vv -z --output-file=/v                        ar/lib/psa/dumps/backups/mydomain.com_20090831_095723.tar
root     26454  0.0  0.2  20256  4396 ?        S    10:26   0:00 /usr/bin/sw-eng                        ine -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/suspend_handler/Su                        spendHandlerRunner.php unsuspend-all /opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2009-08-18-130710.921
root     26455  0.0  0.0  20256  1304 ?        S    10:26   0:00 /usr/bin/sw-eng                        ine -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/suspend_handler/Su                        spendHandlerRunner.php unsuspend-all /opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2009-08-18-130710.921

Bump... no one ?

I still have the same issue :(

The backup is finished according to the log file.

In the pmmcli_daemon.log, I discovered today this kind of message:

Code:
daemon job delayed for 30 minutes

Any idea why is it delaying for 30 minutes ?!?

Code:

This is during backup, not restore...

The command line is

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --domains-name $dom -vvvvv -z --output-file=$nextfile

output-file is a tar file

Back