• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Backup including subdomains

proton23

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm want to make a backup of my server. The main reason for this backup is my nextcloud instance running in a subdomain.
If I make a full backup with the Backup-Manager the resulting file has a size of ~5GB. The nextcloud instance has more than 100GB so the subdomain can be included.

How to make a backup with subdomains?

Best regards
Antonio

If a full backup without excluded directories or files is created, it backups up all the plesk configuration including all domains, email, databases. It is a "full" backup including all. It does not backup up operating system files or configurations. So normally, a full backup includes domains and subdomains.

What you could do is to check what exactly your backup settings are. Are you excluding any paths?

Hello Peter,
thanks for your response. I guess I figured out what the problem is. During installation of nextcloud I put the data folder in /opt and probably that's why data files are not saved. If I understand you correctly, I only need to backup this folder and should be able to restore the hole nextcloud instance because everything else is within the backup file, right?

The backup file does not have the same structure as on file system, does it? I opened up the backup file and was not able to find the config files of the nextcloud instance.

Best regards
Antonio

/opt is not a path that is backed up, because it is an operating system path. You need to save your data inside subscription paths in order to have it backed up automatically.

Back