• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Backup is not working correct/missing options

Christian_Heutger

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
the Plesk Backup does not include files owned by the webserver, just files owned by the ftp user.
Also missing some options for backing up. As because of the issue above I just want plesk settings to be backed up as well as the mails, but I can only exclude mail, I can not include mail with settings without content. Would be better to have checkboxes for all options instead of some select options, e.g. server settings (psa database I believe), web content, mail content, may be some more options.
Regards,
Christian

Hi @Christian_Heutger!

I cannot reproduce the issue. Could you please describe how do you check if these files are in the backup?

I can suppose several variants:
1. Try to restore the backup and on restore screen select the following options (after clicking Add Files you'll get browser of backuped files):
RestoreFiles.png
2. Download and check archive of backup:
There are 2 directories: backup_apache-files_DATE.tgz and backup_user-data_DATE.tgz

Hi,

I checked by looking inside the backup files. They only contained the folders and some rare files, most of the files are owned by apache.

Regards,
Christian

Hi,

sorry for delay. I now tried your second way, but I got:

You can select objects to restore only when you are restoring from backups that were created in Plesk 12.0 or later.

I'm using Plesk 12.0.18?!? The backup is from yesterday and I use Plesk 12.0.18 since February!

However, I rechecked the tar archive and you're right, the backup files are split in apache and user data files. Strange, but I now understood.

However, is there an option only to backup plesk configuration and mails but not the websites and their databases?

Regards,
Christian

Does Server Configuration include Mail?

Please also respond to my other question, why can't I choose content on restore? The Plesk version is 12.0.8 and the backup is a fresh one from yesterday night? So the note, only supported from Plesk 12+ makes no sense.

Back