• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Backup issues in the plan

simon jiang

New Pleskian
Hello, everyone, I have a backup question.
Because my mother tongue is not English,
If the description is not clear, please include

The planned backup, sometimes succeeds, sometimes fails
The screenshot and the failed log are in the attachment

Plesk version information

Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Version 18.0.29 Update #2

What could be the problem?
Please guide

Thank you so much...

Attachments

• backup.JPG
    backup.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Plesk_Backup_Failed.pdf
    273.6 KB · Views: 3
Do you have a chance to select "English" when you log in and take a screenshot from there, please?

Okay, it has been set to English and re-taken screenshots,
Provide some information for your reference:

1. All set up full backups (not incremental)
2.Backup Manager> setting --- The screenshot is attached
3.Backup Manager> ScheduledBackup - screenshots are attached
4. It is not the default backup directory of Plesk, the set backup directory is: /plesk-backups
5. Mount the USB hard disk (/dev/sdb1) to /plesk-backups - the screenshot is attached

Please guide, help find the problem
Thank you so much...

Attachments

• backup-eng.JPG
    backup-eng.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
  • BackupManager-setting.JPG
    BackupManager-setting.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 2
  • BackupManager-ScheduledBackup.JPG
    BackupManager-ScheduledBackup.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DUMP_D-df-h.JPG
    DUMP_D-df-h.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for your effort. I should have looked into the PDF before ...

Input/Output error means that the disk is inaccessible. It has nothing to do with Plesk. It is an operating system error. There can be dozens of reasons for it. From a lack of space, a lack of inodes to a faulty disk, an unstable USB connection, a bad driver for the USB port, a bad USB stick or disk, missing permissions, broken partition table, orphaned files or other file system errors (check with fsck), too many concurrent connections to that external "partition" ...

It's something that probably cannot be solved here in this forum. It needs an in-depth analysis on the system. Plesk is only reporting the operating system issue. It cannot recover this error, because it simply cannot access the disk drive at the given moment.

Thank you for your effort. I should have looked into the PDF before ...

Input/Output error means that the disk is inaccessible. It has nothing to do with Plesk. It is an operating system error. There can be dozens of reasons for it. From a lack of space, a lack of inodes to a faulty disk, an unstable USB connection, a bad driver for the USB port, a bad USB stick or disk, missing permissions, broken partition table, orphaned files or other file system errors (check with fsck), too many concurrent connections to that external "partition" ...

It's something that probably cannot be solved here in this forum. It needs an in-depth analysis on the system. Plesk is only reporting the operating system issue. It cannot recover this error, because it simply cannot access the disk drive at the given moment.
Thanks for your reply
I probably know the problem
I will check the log of the operating system
Clarify the cause of the problem

If there are related questions
Go to the forum and ask everyone

Thank you again for your assistance and support ...

Back