• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Backup Manager - Access denied

mario82

New Pleskian
When I try to start the backup manager,
I´m redirected to plesk startpage "websites and domains" with the error "Access denied" (even as admin).
Server is running the latest plesk version 12.0.18 Update Nr. 61 on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.

Is there any logfile where I can see more details on this error?

I can access every folder through Plesk GUI File Manager - only the backup manager is the problem.
Every folder in the webspace was created by ftp software, not manual.
I tried the %plesk_cli%\repair.exe command and got "Permissions for the specified subscription were sucessfully repaired."
but my backup manager in plesk is still not accessible.

too bad that I´m the only one on this planet with that problem :) (asked in 2 other forums, too with no reaction)
I wonder that there´s no logfile with a more detailed error message than "access denied"

Finally i found the debug-log of plesk-Panel and a more detailed error descripton :)

[2015-09-14 20:03:30] WARN [panel] Zugriff verweigert.
[2015-09-14 20:04:17] ERR [panel] PleskPermissionDeniedException: Zugriff verweigert.
file: C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Controller\Action\Backup\Trait.php
line: 1072
code: 0
trace: #0 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Controller\Action\Backup\Trait.php(1036): Admin_BackupController->_checkCommonPermissions()
#1 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Controller\Action\Backup\Trait.php(1025): Admin_BackupController->_checkPermissions()
#2 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\application\admin\controllers\BackupController.php(20): Admin_BackupController->_initTrait()
#3 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\externals\Zend\Controller\Action.php(133): Admin_BackupController->init()
#4 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\externals\Zend\Controller\Dispatcher\Standard.php(268): Zend_Controller_Action->__construct(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http), Array)
#5 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\externals\Zend\Controller\Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#6 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Application\Web.php(38): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#7 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()
#8 {main}
[2015-09-14 20:04:17] WARN [panel] Zugriff verweigert.

I checked the Traid.php for permissions - but even when I set all permissions to "everyone" it doesn´t solve the problem....

Hi @mario82!

Shown error (and based on stack trace) means current logged user don't have any of backup permissions (Data backup and restoration using the server repository, Data backup and restoration using a personal FTP repository). You can check them on subscription settings or tab Account.

Same problem here on a brand new W2012 Server by hosteurope.de . Did not work after he was new setup. Tried everything. All Windows and today the last Plesk updates.
Reinstall all Plesk stuff with the plesk tool. Still klick on "Backup Manager" > I end up on the Web space site and in a yellow box is written : Access denied ...
so, at least we know it has nothing to do with W 2008 or W 2012 btw. nothing in the Windows event log.
Link: https://localhost:8443/smb/settings/tools-proxy?url=/admin/backup&returnAction=tools
no difference if I come from the web or localhoist.
Plesk Version: 12.0.18 Update Nr. 65

Attachments

• plesk.jpg
    plesk.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 9
Hello,

Seems I got the reason. Check the following options: Tools&Settings > Custom View Settings:
1. Backup manager on Administrative tools tab
2. Data backup and restoration (2 options) on Hosting tools tab

Seems on both tabs options should be enabled to get access to backup manager.

@ vlikhtanskiy > Problem solved ! > Tools&Settings > Custom View Settings > Hosting Tools > Data backup and restoration (2 options) on Hosting tools tab.
Thanks !

Attachments

• plesk.jpg
    plesk.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 32
  • plesk1.jpg
    plesk1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 34
  • plesk2.jpg
    plesk2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 32
Back