• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question backup manager fails when remote sftp got an dir/permission error. (local and remote set)

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8 latest
Plesk version and microupdate number
PLesk latest
Hi fellas,
i set my backup manager to store the backp files into local (Plesk server) and remote trough SFTP.
untill here everthing was fine.

when i access the backup list today i saw many erros into backup process:

Unable to create the remote backup: Transport error: Extension transport: ext://sftp-backup/server/: Failed to transfer the remote file: permission denied

plesk2.jpg
the backup file was not created.
so i adjust the folder permition, and i will wait if will works tomorow.

the point is, i choose the option to save local AND remotelly, so for a matter o logical, if remote fails the backup still need to be performed and save locally, ate least this is my expectation, make sense?

plesk-issue.png

so i would like to suggest this for the Plesk team.

maintaing the backup locally even the remote fails.

thanks

after change the chmod of folder to 777, even after this, PLesk backup was not able to send backup files to there.
i think this is an bug of plesk.

Could you please check the backup logs in /var/log/plesk/PMM/<your backup>?
There you can find out more about the reason why the backup failed.

This does not seem like a bug, but rather some limitation of mis configuration on the target server.

I second the suggestion from @Maarten. to look at the backup for more details.

Back