• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Restore from Dropbox

Pier

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.52, last updated on April 25, 2023 01:17 PM
Hi all,
I manage 5 different servers running Plesk, all but one can't access the dropbox backups for some reason. The dropbox backup have been running fine but since about a week or so it doesn't.
Dropbox backup version is 4.2.3-64

Symptoms:
if I go in the backup manager I get this:
Warning: Could not display the list of backups in the Dropbox Backup storage: Unable to get dumps list: pmm-ras failed (Error code = 1): (1): expected value. Please check the storage settings.

If I try to run a backup manually (on dropbox) I get this:
Error:
Unable to create the remote backup: <unspecified file>(1): expected value

Warning:
Unable to delete the incomplete remote backup. Error: Failed to exec pmm-ras: Exit code: 1: <unspecified file>(1): expected value

If I try to run a backup locally it works
Note: apparently something is saved on dropbox, if I access the dropbox website I can see the files with expected dates and sizes but, since I can't access

What I did:
1. I emptied the directory in dropbox
2. I logged out from dropbox and then logged in again
3. I tried to disable the Validate backups via checksum option
4. I tried to change some parameters in panel.ini , specifically:
[ext-dropbox-backup]
ConnectionTimeout = 60
MaxResumeAttempts = 30
PauseBetweenAttempts = 40

Anyone else?

Hi @Pier, sorry to read that you are experiencing an issue with Dropbox backup. I checked our files whether we've seen the "unspecified file" issue before, but it seems that this is a very specific error that has not yet shown up elsewhere. That only one of your systems is affected also points to some specific problem. Maybe some read-only files in the Dropbox account (that could be a result from inviting other people into the same account)?

In this case I can recommend opening a ticket with Plesk support and let them check the issue directly on your server. If you have bought your license from a reseller, you can still get support. For that case, please use the 30-days trial:

Good morning Peter and thank you for your replay.
Actually I have the problem on 4 servers out of 5 but anyway I will do as you say and I will open a ticket there.
Thanks

Just to add to this but I'm experiencing the same problem. It seemed to start when I upgraded to 18.0.52 just a few days ago. My license is from a reseller so I will have to try the 30-day support trial.

Just to add to this but I'm experiencing the same problem. It seemed to start when I upgraded to 18.0.52 just a few days ago. My license is from a reseller so I will have to try the 30-day support trial.
I received this from tech support:

This issue was confirmed by our developers, and it's identified with the ID EXTPLESK-4582. At this moment, there's still no ETA to fix this.

Hi @FutureX, I was just about to post the same ... Yes, unfortunately a product issue. No ETA yet, but extensions are often fixed much faster than core issues. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Yes, hopefully very fast as my clients get a bit unnerved when they continue to see the email with the error.

An update has been published a few minutes ago. It should become installable very soon. Please use the extensions manager to update the extension to the latest version.

Happy to report that update worked! It auto-installed yesterday morning and today had no problems with DropBox backups.

Back