• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup Manager FTP Storage free space

psupport

New Pleskian
Receiving the following error:

"Not enough free disk space to backup selected objects. At least 62277 Mbytes free disk space is required."

when trying to run a scheduled backup to a ftp server (200 GB free).

I also have the following check box unchecked:

"Allow setting up FTP backup storage on the local server"

Does Plesk still backup everything locally before transferring it to remote FTP server?

Hi psupport,

Does Plesk still backup everything locally before transferring it to remote FTP server?
Yes, the temporary files are stored locally, before they will be uploaded. The temporary files should be removed again after the process finished.

Could I get around this temporary file storage if I backed up directly to an NFS server?

Changing DUMP_D to the NFS server?

Hi psupport,

pls. have a closer look at "/etc/psa/psa.conf". You will notice
Code:
# Backups directory
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp

Consider to change the paths for "DUMP_TMP_D" AND "DUMP_D" to locations, where you have enough space and don't forget, that the paths ( directories ) have to have permissions "psaadm : psaadm" and "drwxr-xr-x" ( 0755 ).
You can as well mount another volume to your defined directories.
You can certainly use NFS storage for your definitions.

Really appreciate your help.

So if I don't use FTP storage and use Server storage (changing both DUMP locations to NFS), would the Plesk server still create the entire backup using temporary storage before it actually stores the backup?

Hi psupport,

you re-question is a bit confusing for me. The Plesk - backup NEEDS to store temporary files, in order to create backups - wherever the backups are stored after the backup procedure is irrelevant, but as you can see, there are TWO locations, which can be defined:
  1. DUMP_D = Local backup storage location
  2. DUMP_TMP_D = Temporary location for backup process

Thank you UFHH01.

Where would I change the backup directories for a Windows server?

I would like to also utilize a remote nfs server for a Windows Plesk box.

Hi psupport,

the forum structure here in this Plesk forum separates LINUX and WINDOWS Plesk versions, because they vary very much. Pls. try to respect this separation as well in threads and posts. If you would like help for a windows plesk version, pls. open a new thread in the => "Windows" <= section.

Back