• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup-Manager makes more files than defined

TheFreeman

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.57#1
Hi everyone.

I recognized, that my Plesk Osidian 18.0.57 makes much more backups than defined in the settings and fills up my disc:
1701182337761.png
5 are defined. But Plesk is making more than that.
Any suggestions?

THX in advance.

I suggest to disable the backup job, wait 24 hours and then check what the backups have done. My guess is that they continue to back-up something, which means that another backup job is defined. That could be a CLI based command, e.g via cron.

With "disable the backup job" I meant to uncheck the "Diese Backup-Aufgabe aktivieren" checkbox and to store that new setting so that the backup task is no longer executed. Then wait a day and check whether backups are still created although the backup job has been deactivated.

If you now turn it back on and wait a day, does it create more full backups? It's o.k. if it does an increment and - as your screenshot shows - a maximum number of five full backups, but it should not do the sixth full backup.

Back