• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Backup Manager pmm-ras.exe stuck

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I just upgraded to Parallels Plesk 11.5 on windows.

After this upgrade I noticed that going to Backup manager, does not show all the backups that I had (daily backups) so I cannot neither remove, nor display, nor restore from an old backup (In fact does not show any at all)

Also mention that this process pmm-ras.exe gets stuck and using more than 100% of cpu

Please advise what to do to regain access to my backups.

Hello,

I "created" a new directory and pointed thru Plesk Reconfigurator (windows) to the new directory that is totally blank/new (a new folder) and I tried to enter (after restarting the panel, etc) and the problem continues, it's not posible to enter to the new directory nor to the old one (where all backups are)

Is there any "conversion" tool to convert old 11.x backups to 11.5 ???

killing the process PMM-RAS.EXE allows to enter the backup but cannot take any backup to the local disk for restore, nor list any of my old backups, and obviously cannot restore anything either

Please help, I cannot stay without at least one trustable backup

Thank you a lot

Javier

Did you ever get this sorted. I have the same problem on Linux (and at least one other person) but no acknowledgement from any of the Parallels Team.

Last edited:
Hello,

I acumulated backups since september and I really forgot recycling (I set to clean up after 365 backups as with version 11.0, however this time every time that I enter to the backup management takes FOREVER 2 hours to display all backups (more than 5 months of daily backups)

I cannot erase a month, nor a week gives a timeout.

I had to setup the admin and user timeout to 6 hours in order to see the list of backups.

This makes the server totally unusable for backups

My customer requested having at least 2 backups left monthly (for example on 1st and on 15th of each month should be kept) so requesting to leave 60 or 120 days would not work

I hope you try to fix this as soon as posible.

Thank you a lot

Back