• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Backup manager recognizes own backups as wrong version.

Fistandantilus

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Backup manager recognizes own backups as wrong version.
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
‪Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS‬
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #44, zuletzt aktualisiert: 11. März 2019 10:58:49
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Since the update to 17.8.11 from 4 March the Plesk backup manager does not recognize the updates with the right version anymore.

The updates are created correctly and packed on the FTP memory. The version number in the update packages/backup infofile also agrees with 17.8.11.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<migration-dump dump-original-version="17.8.11" dump-format="panel" content-included="true" agent-name="PleskX" dump-version="17.8.11" verification-string="$AES-128-CBC$7XIz93tj3gAKqbKDrGWGmg==$qMaGgSr8lrrP7QC/3T/E0n4s4SjmBIena17/1aW1rbE=" encryption-type="password">
<dump-info>
<description>Geplantes Backup. Gesamte Konfiguration und gesamter Inhalt.</description>
<os-description mailman-uid="38" mailman-gid="38" type="unix" apache-uid="33"

If we now want to open the update in Plesk it informs us that it is not a compatible update and yet you want to use the migrator.

I work with incremental updates and once a week with a full one. But since he does not recognize his own updates, he now makes every day a full update.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Just trying to open an update archive.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Message that this backup is not compatible and you may want to use the migrator.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Siehe Oben​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Last edited:
Developers can't reproduce the issue.
So, you can send me ssh login credentials in PM and developers will check this issue directly on your server or contact Plesk Support Team.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply,

I have done some more tests. The backup of Tuesday morning, I have not made on the FTP server but on the local memory and it works fine.

Afterwards I have set the backup settings back to FTP and the backup of this morning again has the problem that it is classified as incompatible.

ba1.png

I PM you SSH credentials.

Back