• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Backup "no space left on device" workaround?

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I am currently doing incremental backups in a S3 bucket, but last night when tried to do a complete backup - as incremental is over 3 months now - it wouldn't do it stating "Failed to write volume: (28) No space left on device".
Main partition on the only volume is 89% full and I understand the server is trying to build the backup in the tmp file before moving it to the S3 bucket, so my questions are:

-Is it possible to have this tmp folder where to build the backup in a S3 bucket in order to save from adding extra space?
- If the above idea is not feasible, maybe adding a 2nd disk for the night would do the trick but how do I redirect the tmp folder to this 2nd disk?

Greetings, thanks in advance

You could try mounting it over /var/lib/psa/dumps, that's where the backup parts are assembled (and then tar'ed on-the-fly to the external space). Caveat: That's also where plesk stores the info about backups, so the backup manager will probably complain about missing backup information.

Back