• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Old full backups are not removed despite settings

hello_world.c

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.46 Update #2
In my storage space for Plesk local backups I have room for two full backups plus two months worth of incremental backups. Accordingly, I have set my backup settings and the corresponding setting in the daily backup task to the following:

Maximum number of full backup files to store (including both scheduled and manual backups): 2

In the scheduled backup task I have set:

Run this backup task: Daily
Perform full backup: Monthly

However, after two months and two full backups stored, the backup task fails every day with messages in the log like:

Failed to write volume: (28) No space left on device

I can remove old backups manually through the UI but was hoping that Plesk would do that automatically.

I did not use manual backups during that time. How is this feature supposed to work or what can I do from my side to have the space automatically managed?

hello @hello_world.c ,

we were not able to reproduce your problem. scheduled and manual full backups are rotated according to their settings.
please have in view that N full backups created automatically (scheduled backups) and N full backups created manually - it is a different counts.
I mean that manual backups are not counted for scheduled backups rotation.

did you try to investigate /var/log/plesk/panel.log?
did you check that cron daemon is running?

could you please show results of SQL query below:
Code:
plesk db -e 'select * from BackupsScheduled \G'

If you still experience such problems, it would be better to reach Plesk technical support.

Back