1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

backup of vital plesk settings

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Windows' started by WinmanS, Oct 19, 2012.

1. WinmanS

WinmanS Basic Pleskian

60%
    In my server there is a scheduled task which was automatically added by plesk panel software.The scheduled task is backup of vital plesk settings. (There is a manual backup option in plesk panel for domain and server)But this scheduled task creates a backup in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\Backup
    What this backup contain? Should i copy this backup to other locations so that it maybe useful in future? can i use this backup for restoring of plesk settings?

2. WinmanS

WinmanS Basic Pleskian

60%
    anyone know what is backup of vital settings in plesk?

3. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    This is a backup of internal Plesk database. As long as you do proper backup of your Plesk, you probably don't need to care for these files, all settings anyway will be in a regular Plesk server backup.

These files could help if (for example) you try to change plesk database manually and break some tables. Database backup could help you restoring broken DB without rollback the whole Plesk to previously backed up state.

4. WinmanS

WinmanS Basic Pleskian

60%
    So backup of vital settings does backup of internal database of plesk . Is it necessary that it should run in scheduled task(as it added automatically in my server)? Does it backup used by plesk in anyway?