• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup of vital plesk settings

balechaparka

Basic Pleskian
In my server there is a scheduled task which was automatically added by plesk panel software.The scheduled task is backup of vital plesk settings. (There is a manual backup option in plesk panel for domain and server)But this scheduled task creates a backup in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\Backup
What this backup contain? Should i copy this backup to other locations so that it maybe useful in future? can i use this backup for restoring of plesk settings?

This is a backup of internal Plesk database. As long as you do proper backup of your Plesk, you probably don't need to care for these files, all settings anyway will be in a regular Plesk server backup.

These files could help if (for example) you try to change plesk database manually and break some tables. Database backup could help you restoring broken DB without rollback the whole Plesk to previously backed up state.

So backup of vital settings does backup of internal database of plesk . Is it necessary that it should run in scheduled task(as it added automatically in my server)? Does it backup used by plesk in anyway?

Back