• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup password

O

optimist

Hello,
after upgrade from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9 i want to enable the backup security.
the checkbox is checked and the password for the backup-archives is stored.

Get manual and auto backups on my ftp-repository without error messages. But backup archives are not password protected.

Any hints? Which logfiles should i check?

TIA
Optimist

Quote from "What’s New in Parallels Plesk Panel 11"
"Improved Security ... The new version will also offer the option for password-protected backup. ..."

I have activated this option, but backup is still not password protected.

To reproduce: make a password-protected backup to the ftp-repository, download the backup and try to open. it opens without password.

This feature means that content of backup will be crypted but not that backup will be protected by password.
Password will be requested for restoring this crypted content of backup.

The following data should be encrypted too:

- private key of ssl certificates (at info_xxxx.xml),
- at least the contents (data dump) of customer databases.

Tested with 11.5.30 MU#6 and proper configured ftp backup repository.

Backups not encrypted...

Not sure if I should open a new thread or not... but I have the same problem. I have password encrypted backup from PLESK 11. Backup are downloaded on my own server and I can open the archive, extract databases files and read them without any problem... I also was able to read *info*.html files as well.

Therefore I don't see this encryption feature working ?

Someone could advice ?

Guys, backup encryption feature encrypts only passwords inside your backup xml files. Password phrase is requested during restore to decrypt all passwords inside xml files.

We know that. That's why i pointed out, that private keys of ssl certificates in the backup xml files _must_ be encrypted too and more over sql data dumps _should_ be encrypted to ensure safe backups on an (external) ftp repository.

Back