• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Path

A

aviscat

In Domains > domain.com > Backup Files Repository there is an entry for Path to backup files repository on FTP server. What is the correct path? Nothing I have tried works. Can't get the scheduled back to work at all. Thanks.

Assuming you have a separate FTP server as your backup repository then:

1.) Set FTP server to the ip address of your FTP server,

2.) set Path to any folder you created on the FTP server ( this is especially necessary for backing up multiple domains so that you can keep the backup files separate and find them easily ) i.e. "/directory" without the quotes. If you did not make separate directories then the path is "/",

3.) set your ftp login,

4.) set you ftp password.

If you do not have one, the backup to the local respository. The only problem with backing up to the local repository is that in case of disk crash, you loose everything.

Originally posted by jwdick

2.) set Path to any folder you created on the FTP server ( this is especially necessary for backing up multiple domains so that you can keep the backup files separate and find them easily ) i.e. "/directory" without the quotes. If you did not make separate directories then the path is "/",

I do have the remote FTP backup and that worked. Thanks Jack. I tried to get into the ftp account but can't at this time. Good to know I have backups now. :)

Back