• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup problem after upgrade to Obsidian 18.0.40

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
Since the upgrade to Obsidian 18.0.40 my daily backups do not work without error messages. Does anyone know what these messages mean and how to solve the problem?

The errors are:

Warning: Subscription "tenckhoff.de"
Unable to back up files from /var/www/vhosts/tenckhoff.de owned by system user. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_user-data_2111280024.tzst 0 Error: boost::filesystem::copy_file: Function not implemented: "/tmp/pmm-repo-pi-files-cTBvd4", "/tmp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-TimBd6"

Warning: Mail "tenckhoff.de"
Unable to back up mail messages. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_domainmail_2111280024.tzst 0 Error: boost::filesystem::copy_file: Function not implemented: "/tmp/pmm-repo-pi-files-JxWiyc", "/tmp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-1drdVb"

Warning: Server "mail.tenckhoff.de"
Unable to back up fail2ban settings. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_fail2ban_2111280024.tzst 0 Error: boost::filesystem::copy_file: Function not implemented: "/tmp/binos3yL4", "/tmp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-wtYV21"

Warning: Server "mail.tenckhoff.de"
Unable to back up license keys. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_keyXSAsjHgA_2111280024.tzst 0 Error: boost::filesystem::copy_file: Function not implemented: "/tmp/bing08oe8", "/tmp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-2R2QkO"

I am facing the exact same issue after upgrading to 18.0.40. Unable to find an answer online. Already tried to resolve it with plesk repair, but it did not help.

I have the same issue. Seems to be only happening on Ubuntu 20.04.03 LTS. The issue didn't occur on other instances (e.g. Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS).

Tried installing:
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-filesystem-dev

But this didn't help.

It is known bug PPPM-13321.
Developers are working on it.

I have the same issue. Seems to be only happening on Ubuntu 20.04.03 LTS. The issue didn't occur on other instances (e.g. Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS).
Tried installing:
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-filesystem-dev
But this didn't help.
Great that it's already fixed (post by @IgorG above) but FWIW we have no incidences at all of this error and all our servers are on Ubuntu 20.04.03 LTS

I have the same problem since the 18.0.40 update.
hostnamectl status
Virtualization: openvz
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Kernel: Linux 5.4.0
Architecture: x86-64

Is there any workaround available to backup at the moment? Daily snapshots of the whole instance aren't really practicable...
Is there any way where I can see the current status of the known bug ticket PPPM-13321?

I just tried the backup since the new update 1 and ... it works again. Thank you for the quick solution. For me the issue is resolved.

Back