• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup problem with Personal FTP repository

Free space in /usr required

I´m having the same issues but tracked them down to 2 causes:

2.) free space

I need to have the same amount of free space on my server as the backup will be in size. Because the backup is first being created on the server as *.tar.xml and then moved to the personal repository via ftp.

This is correct, but the trick is, that before the file is uploaded, it is temporarily stored in
Code:
/usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp
So if you don't have enough free space in the usr partition, the upload does not start at all (hence no failed log is written). I recognized this, because the FTP repo works for "server configuration only" as expected. And in this logfile, one can see, that the file is uploaded from this tmp-folder.

I don't mess-up the usr partition with free space needed for backup, i just created a directory under /var/tmp/psa (for owner with user and group psaadm) and replaced the /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp with a symlink to /var/tmp/psa.
Now it works and the usr partition is still "small".

Hope, that helps. B-)

cateye

Back