• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup.psa & backup.psa.1 file?

D

Deltafox

Hello,

First a plesk backup was only 1 file, backup.psa, but since a time there is a second file created backup.psa.1. Does anybody know what is in this file? Do i need to backup this file to, to have a complete backup?

thx in advance

Hi,

Plesk make backup files as .zip archives and change extensions to psa, psa.1, psa.2, ..etc. So you have to backup all files (the case of that is file number limitation of zip archives)

The second file is generated when your backup file exceeds 1.64GB (1.723.522kb).

Whats in this file? Well it contains domains located in C:/InetPub/vhsots/, DB backups, server config, etc.
BTW you can view the content of these files by opening it with winrar.

And to concluded all of this, yes backup all the files!

You can always open the file(s) in winzip (or similar) to restore single files - if for some reason your customer accidentaly delete a file or two and is in desperate need of it. Use it as an extra service and earn some $$$ :)

-Jonas

You mean for the psa.1 file i have to manually extract its contents? I cant use the Plesk Restore function?

Originally posted by nimal_ds
You mean for the psa.1 file i have to manually extract its contents? I cant use the Plesk Restore function?

You can always use the plesk restore function, but it can't handle single file restore, only per domain restore (or customer).

Originally posted by mrbister
You can always use the plesk restore function, but it can't handle single file restore, only per domain restore (or customer).

But how do you use Plesk Restore utility to restore the files from .psa1?

Back