1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup Question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by scottthepotter, Oct 2, 2007.

1. scottthepotter

scottthepotter Basic Pleskian

73%
    Just want to make sure that I understand what the Plesk command line backup and restore will do. I need to upgrade my dedicated root server from FC4 64-bit Plesk 8.2 to FC6 64-bit Plesk 8.2. So before I re-image I should run the Plesk backup command download the backup, re-image, run the Plesk restore and everything should be back to normal. Yes? I am most concerned about posts that I have read about server signature problems. Because I am hosting customer domains I don't want to be down for several days due to something stupid that I missed. I just want to make sure that all of the following gets backed up and restored: domains, emails, MySQL databases, username/passwords and Plesk.