1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup repository

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by LesG, Apr 7, 2010.

1. LesG

LesG Guest

Hi Guys,

I would like to know how/if it is possible to setup the backup repository of our domains to a seperate local drive? currently it saves the backups on the C:drive and I would prefer to have the backups on my D:drive to avoid storing data on the main C.

Some of the domain are quite large and soon fill available space on the C: drive

Many thanks

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    What about change Plesk backup data location via reconfigurator?

3. LesG

LesG Guest

Hi Igor...what is the reconfigurator?.do I need to download it? where is it?

4. IgorG

24%
    Just click "Start" Witnows button, then Programs, SWSoft, Plesk, reconfigurator.

5. LesG

LesG Guest

Hi Igor,

Ok thats cool thanks for that, I can now see a number of options that I can change now and trying to change the backup location, I keep getting an error mesage 'Unable to seeking to end of stream: (5)Access is denied' retry or cancel.

Can I ask, if I run through any of these other settings, will they/can they damage any of the running domains, or is it simply the plesk control panel?

6. IgorG

24%
    It looks like you are running out of space at the drive C:. In order to make new backup location. Plesk reconfigurator copies filed from old backup location and fails on this step because of now free disk space on drive C:. Try to clean up some space at the drive C: or try to move backups manually. For example, to change the backup location to D:\Plesk\Backup:

1. Move C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backup to D:\Plesk\Backup
    2. Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\DUMP_D= "D:\Plesk\Backup"

7. LesG

LesG Guest

Ok moving manually has sorted it, many thanks