• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup repository

L

LesG

Hi Guys,

I would like to know how/if it is possible to setup the backup repository of our domains to a seperate local drive? currently it saves the backups on the C:drive and I would prefer to have the backups on my D:drive to avoid storing data on the main C.

Some of the domain are quite large and soon fill available space on the C: drive

Many thanks

What about change Plesk backup data location via reconfigurator?

Hi Igor...what is the reconfigurator?.do I need to download it? where is it?

Just click "Start" Witnows button, then Programs, SWSoft, Plesk, reconfigurator.

Hi Igor,

Ok thats cool thanks for that, I can now see a number of options that I can change now and trying to change the backup location, I keep getting an error mesage 'Unable to seeking to end of stream: (5)Access is denied' retry or cancel.

Can I ask, if I run through any of these other settings, will they/can they damage any of the running domains, or is it simply the plesk control panel?

It looks like you are running out of space at the drive C:. In order to make new backup location. Plesk reconfigurator copies filed from old backup location and fails on this step because of now free disk space on drive C:. Try to clean up some space at the drive C: or try to move backups manually. For example, to change the backup location to D:\Plesk\Backup:

1. Move C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backup to D:\Plesk\Backup
2. Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\DUMP_D= "D:\Plesk\Backup"

Back