• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup restoration fails

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello, I have recorded this video so you can understand better what is happening.

Basically, I mistakenly deleted 2 log files, went in the backup from one day ago, I can see them correctly inside the backup when I choose the files to restore, I hit restore, it finishes successfully but the files are not there...

Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #9, last updated on Dec 8, 2016 06:35 PM

Tried with backups which are hosted locally, as well as two of them which are kept in FTP storage. It runs successfully but no file is in the logs. I managed to download the whole backup ( even though it says it's around 36kb, when in fact it's around 2.3GB ) and got the files from there.

So, even though I "fixed" my issue ( found the files ), I guess this is a bug.

If you need more info from me, let me know what logs you need.
I'd also like to know if you guys managed to fix the issue with the volume splitting on incremental backups causing them to create full backups instead incrementals only.

Hello, Edi Duluman.
I have tried to reproduce the issues with the same file structure but at the test server both files were restored.
Could you please check 'logs' directory in backup by the following command:
'tar -tvm -zf /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/bio365.no/backup_user-data_1612081319.tgz | grep httpdocs/logs'

If the directory and files exist could you please send me PM with directory returned by the following command:
'find /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/ -name deploy.result | tail -n 1 | head -c -14'
This directory contains all details about a restoration process.

Hei Sergey! I'm on the road today, will run the commands you need, and I'll most likely get back to you in the evening.

Thanks for the reply!

Back