• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup/Restore Issues

J

JeremyE

So I am running plesk 9.2.1 on several servers, and I need to move some sites to a different server. What I thought I would be able to do was use the site/client backup and restore on the other server. When I setup a repository on the new server it does not list any of my backups. I cannot use the migration manager as I can not allow root external access to the box due to security reasons.

Anyone have any suggestions.

I could do that, however what happens if I have a software or hardware failure and I need to restore a backup to another server. That makes every backup I have ever done worthless.

Since Plesk 11.5, which is in preview stage now,

there is a new feature: preliminary check for migration and transfer. Before transferring data from one server to another, Migration & Transfer Manager performs the check for potential transfer problems.

One can download Plesk 11.5 for evaluation, but it is not for production servers.
The download links are in Plesk 11.5 Preview thread

Back