1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup/Restore Issues

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JeremyE, May 20, 2010.

1. JeremyE

JeremyE Guest

So I am running plesk 9.2.1 on several servers, and I need to move some sites to a different server. What I thought I would be able to do was use the site/client backup and restore on the other server. When I setup a repository on the new server it does not list any of my backups. I cannot use the migration manager as I can not allow root external access to the box due to security reasons.

Anyone have any suggestions.

2. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Why you cannot access root based on specific IP from Firewall then all is OK?

3. JeremyE

JeremyE Guest

I could do that, however what happens if I have a software or hardware failure and I need to restore a backup to another server. That makes every backup I have ever done worthless.

4. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
  5. Alexey.Plotnitsky

Alexey.Plotnitsky Regular Pleskian

55%
    Since Plesk 11.5, which is in preview stage now,

there is a new feature: preliminary check for migration and transfer. Before transferring data from one server to another, Migration & Transfer Manager performs the check for potential transfer problems.

One can download Plesk 11.5 for evaluation, but it is not for production servers.
    The download links are in Plesk 11.5 Preview thread