• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Backup/Restore task notification every half hour

MarcusD

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a Windows VPS with Pleask 9.3 on it. Lately every moring when I check my email there are loads of repeating Please bakcup/restore task notification emails which I receive every half hour unless I reboot the server.

The email is a warning of backup errors with the same migration result each time. I have tried replacing the dll file as here...http://kb.odin.com/en/7090 with no luck. I am not very familiar with Plesk so any pointers would be great!

The error is as below, although I have removed the genuine IP address and replaced with X's.

Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="warnings">
<object name="backup" type="backupowner">
<message code="InformationalException" severity="error">Cannot dump server ip 'x.x.x.x'</message>
<message code="ArgumentException" severity="error">Version string portion was too short or too long.</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

I'm also getting the exact same problem. Every 10/20/30 minutes I get the same email repeating, and it's driving me mad!

Is there a fix for this? If I reboot the server it will stop for a day or so, but then it starts all over again.

Chris.

Oh, that old chestnut again! :eek:) http://kb.odin.com/en/7090

In my original post I said that I have already tried that hotfix....It didn't work.

This did not cure my issue on Pleask 9.3 so I wish you the best of luck Chris, maybe on a different version the fix works.
So, as the suggested hotfix definitely does not Hotfix the original issue I have with 9.3, any more ideas please?

Back