• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup/Restore Unreliable?

S

systemseven

I have a Windows 2003 Server box with Plesk 7. I want to upgrade to the latest version of Plesk but am very hesitant. It seems that the backup/restore function isn't the most reliable (from what I read in the forum)...is there another alternative? I am also running MailEnable Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
If you want to do upgrade safely, you can get new clean windows box, install latest Plesk to it and try to restore backup from your production box on it.

I wouldnt recommend upgrading Plesk for Windows 7 yet. Wait until 7.5.5 is released as it includes an improved upgrade system.

Actually Plesk 7.5.4 has a relative stable migrator. But I think 7.5.5 will have more stable migrator :)

Backup Idea

Hi Systemseven,

I don’t know anything (as in anything at all) when it comes to Plesk for Windows, I use Plesk 7.5.4 (just upgraded) on my Unix box (FreeBSD 4.9). In fact the reason I’m here in the windows forum is that I need help too.

What I do know is, if I was upgrading my NT box, and I was afraid that something could get damaged, I’d use Norton Ghost. I would have Norton Ghost installed on my design box, pull the production drive, ghost it into a file on the design box or a second drive for backups and then do my upgrade. This would mean that no matter what or how bad things got, I could format and Ghost it back just like it was and fast.

I’m not an expert and I bet someone is going to have a way that makes my idea sound stupid but I thought I’d mention it just encase it was of any help.

HMIBarryLSalter –

Back