• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup/Restore

B

burgero

How can I make a backup of Sitebuilder 3.2 Database and site files ?

And how do I restore the backup after new install ?

Unfortunately, there is no backup/restore feature in Sitebuilder 3.2 for Windows right now but it will be added in next Sitebuilder version 4.0.
Actually, backup/restore procedure can be done manually. For the backup, following actions should be performed:

1. Create backup for Sitebuilder database.
2. Create backup for site storage directory (by default C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Sites)
3. Create copy of C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Repository\Common\PublicKey.xml
4. Decrypt sections for configuration file web.config (if these sections were encrypted). It can be done with help of the following commands:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pdf connectionStrings "Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web"
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pdf KAServerConfiguration "Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web"

5. Create copy of this file: C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web\web.config.

For the restoration following operations should be performed:

1. Fresh Sitebuilder 3.2 installation on the server.
2. Database restoration.
3. Site content restoration.
4. Copy saved C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Repository\Common\PublicKey.xml into appropriate location on new installation.
5. Copy saved C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web\web.config file into appropriate location on new installation.
6. Encrypt sections for configuration file we.config (if you need it). If you wish to encrypt these sections you can do it with help of the following commands:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pef KAServerConfiguration "Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web" -prov "RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider"
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pef connectionStrings "Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web" -prov "RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider"

Please remember that this process was not fully tested and I can't guarantee that everything will work correctly but I have tried this way on my test server and it seems all data and configuration have been restored successfully. Let me know how it goes on your server if you are going to test it.

Back