1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup seems too small

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by colinjack, Sep 19, 2011.

1. colinjack

colinjack Guest

We are running 10.3.1 and doing a full server backup (server config and content) each night. The backup size is only between 7-8Gb but the /vhosts folder alone is over 50Gb. A lot of the data on the websites is PDF (so already compressed). Doesn't seem right to me.

Anybody able to give some guidance?

Also what is in the /vhosts/servers folder (sorry a bit of a noob question but can't get my head around it and it makes up a lot of the /vhosts total).

Thanks

Colin

2. Plesk_kidv

Plesk_kidv Guest

If the backup is shown as valid in Plesk then all the data should be there.

But to confirm I would access your server and go to your backup folder location on your drive. From here you can go to clients -> user name -> domains -> phosting -> zip folder for vhost . If you don't have any clients then you can just go to the domains folder instead of clients.

3. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Thanks - what is the /vhosts/servers folder for?

4. Plesk_kidv

Plesk_kidv Guest

/vhosts/servers is used for FTP. If you delete it all FTP accounts will stop working.

5. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Thanks - I just wondered why it was so, big! We have a number of users who FTP PDFs up so that would explain it. Are the folders symlinked?