• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup seems too small

C

colinjack

We are running 10.3.1 and doing a full server backup (server config and content) each night. The backup size is only between 7-8Gb but the /vhosts folder alone is over 50Gb. A lot of the data on the websites is PDF (so already compressed). Doesn't seem right to me.

Anybody able to give some guidance?

Also what is in the /vhosts/servers folder (sorry a bit of a noob question but can't get my head around it and it makes up a lot of the /vhosts total).

Thanks

Colin

If the backup is shown as valid in Plesk then all the data should be there.

But to confirm I would access your server and go to your backup folder location on your drive. From here you can go to clients -> user name -> domains -> phosting -> zip folder for vhost . If you don't have any clients then you can just go to the domains folder instead of clients.

/vhosts/servers is used for FTP. If you delete it all FTP accounts will stop working.

Thanks - I just wondered why it was so, big! We have a number of users who FTP PDFs up so that would explain it. Are the folders symlinked?

Back