• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup stuck at 100% how to fix without reboot?

Sven L.

Regular Pleskian
My backups aren't working for days now. I have noticed that on current backup status there is one backup stuck at 100% for several days now and it is preventing new scheduled backups from working.

there is no way to delete that backup, so how can I fix this, without rebooting the whole server?

Check it in 'longtasks' table in psa database. Remove task there if necessary. Also corresponding backup task file can be removed from /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/

i don't see anything backup related in that database table, what entry am i exactly looking for?

Ok. In that case removing task file from /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/ might be enough.

next backup failed. i had to reboot then it started working again.

now, after a few days, AGAIN backup task stuck at 100% and not progressing AND preventing new backups from being made.

i am really growing tired of this. i didn't have a single problem, not ONE, in 5 years with previous plesk version (specially 9.5.4) and since I upgraded to 11.5 i can't relay on the automated backup anymore.

I have this same problem.

The scheduled backup gets to 100% and the backup file is transferred (and seems to be complete) but then the backup manager just sticks like that. The backup stays listed in 'Current Backup Tasks' at 100%. It sticks like that until the system is restarted and no further scheduled backups will run (although manual backups work OK).

When the server is restarted the backup task shows as Failed and can be removed.

The next scheduled task will then start OK but will stick again at 100%.

I need to get this sorted ASAP.

STILL BROKEN!

SOCentOS 6.4 (Final)
Versión del panel11.5.30 Actualizar #47, última actualización Set 21, 2014 07:56 PM

i have to empty /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/ every 2-3 days now, reboot the whole frigging server so it works for a few days again, then AGAIN it fails.

plus: i don't even get a warning email. the warning email is sent once i manually deleted those files. useless.

so, how a bout a definitive fix, so we can clear/delete failed backup jobs (stuck at 100%) from within the control panel, instead of having to go shell all the damn time? if i wanted to work through shell, i wouldn't need plesk panel.

Sven L.

Back