• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Temp Folder...

M

MCMNET

I have used the PP Reconfigurator to change the location of the backups from the C: (OS drive on the server) to the D: Drive (Data drive on the server).

My problem is, a temp file is created of the backup file and placed in the "C:\Windows\Temp folder\repo_transport_tmp_xxxxxxxxxx" - this brings down the whole server currently leaving only 44mb of space on the C: - Plesk also stops domains in IIS and for some reason these aren't being restarted due to lack of space.

Any clues on how I can move this to the D: drive?

Many Thanks

many thanks for your response - i have now found how to move the temporary folder.

my second question, is that when the backup has run - all sites within Plesk look active. But, in IIS about 20-30% of the sites remain stopped...

is this because the backup option to deactivate domains while backing up is ticked? Is it safe to untick this for a full backup? and is it this deactivate feature which is stopping the domains within IIS?

many thanks.

There is "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" option. You should select this option to prohibit users from making changes to content or settings of websites while they are being backed up.

many thanks for your reply.

this option is checked (as it was recommended in the knowledgebase) - but after backup is complete, in IIS a number of sites (30%) are stopped.

why is this?

Only in IIS but not in Plesk interface? 30% but not at all?
Strange. Maybe it is problem on IIS side? In any case I never heard about it and it should be deeply investigated. As you understand it is impossible without access to your server. Therefore I suggest you contact Support Team if it is really very important for you. Experienced support engineers will investigate it and submit bugreport to developers if necessary.

Hi,

I also need to change the temp directory to D drive. We are running remote backup. C drive is getting full every time the backup runs. I have followed the KB IgorG provided. However i am facing issues with mysql once i change the environment variables to D drive. Mysql is unable to start. The innodb storage engine is being fail. I had to change the variables back to C in order to get everything working. Any ideas?

Also there are two environment variables,TMP and TEMP. Which one i can change safely?

Back