• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup then Restore --> Server to Server

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

So what I want to do is take a full backup from my current linux plesk 8.2 server and then load it on a new linux plesk 8.2 server (need to upgrade hardware on original server).

I have made the backup and tried loading it on the new server but I am unable to get HTTP requests, so if I call one of the domain names on my server they don't come up, yet e-mail and FTP works.

Any ideas, maybe the next to perfect "HOW TO backup and restore guide" that someone has already done?????

Thanks,
Brendan

I would use the Migration Manager instead of a backup to backup. I don't think the backup restore utility can remap IPs

Yes I tried that last night... no go. I am reformatting the new temp server and trying again from scratch. Not sure why I am having so many issues but who knows. I will post back with results.

Thanks!

Ok so I finally figured it out.

I did end up using migration manager to transfer the systems however the backups work as well. The advantage of using migration manager is that it switches the IP for you during the migration.

Where I ran into problems was the DNS which apparently doesn't update... at least not the way I thought it would. See I am behind my own router and firewall so I have to forward ports to the system. Now I was aware that this would cause some issues but I was hoping Plesk would have kept my changes to the DNS, Plesk didn't.

If anyone else has this problem PM me and I can help.

Cheers

Back