• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup time

scottthepotter

Basic Pleskian
Has anyone ever figured out the 'Scheduled Backup Settings' time/calendar that Plesk has seen fit to implement? This morning (9am on Saturday the 2nd of May), I added a 'Weekly' scheduled backup for Sunday at 1am.. For some reason I notice that server load is above normal and lo and behold I look a couple of hours later and I have a backup that ran as soon as I set the scheduled backup. I guess it is just my 'simple' way of thinking but when I schedule a backup to run at 1am. on Sunday morning, it should run then. I guess it is back to the command line backup and scheduling CRON jobs. This is utterly ridiculous!

Check to see that your server time is set correctly for your location . then remember 24 hr time so 13 hrs is 1 PM and so on .. Mine in set for 2 hrs and backups correctly at 2 am ..

Backup time is now local server time. This is not what you set in plesk, rather the default the server uses (timestamps when you create a file).

Plesk Panel time is correct, server time (Unix time) agrees with Plesk Panel time.

Backup is set to:
Backup Period - Weekly
Start Backup Creation Time at - 01:00
Every - Sunday
FTP Repository

However the backup actually completed on 10:19am Saturday morning.
What's more Plesk still can't delete the FTP backup so having 'Maximum number of backups' set is fruitless.

Hello,

We are aware of the issue reported.
Please refer to this knowledge base article to learn more on how to handle scheduled backup time issues in Plesk 9.0:

http://kb.odin.com/en/6194

Thanks for the response, the Knowledgebase article was 'somewhat' helpful. I am a little confused however, the KB article says that this problem has been fixed in Plesk 9.2. And since this is a Plesk 9.2 forum the KB article is a little misleading.

Back