• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup Warning and Failures: Unable to back up files

helmut

New Pleskian
Operating-System: ‪CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)‬
Product: Plesk Obsidian
Version: 18.0.21 Update #5, zuletzt aktualisiert: 23. Dez. 2019 11:01:30

I have 3 vServers with the current Plesk Obsidian. I have set up an incremental Plesk backup via a customer subscription with all rights on Backup an restore.
For some time now, only the log data, emails and databases have been backed up on a server, but no website data. All scripts from the websites are missing.

Here is the log file from last Backup:

WARNING: (Subscription object 'XXX-DOMAIN.de') Unable to back up files from /var/www/vhosts/XXX-DOMAIN.de. Error: Failed to get user # 10450 info: Empty error message from utility.

WARNING: (Domain object 'YYY-DOMAIN.de') Unable to back up protected dir passwords Error: Failed to create archive: Transport error: File or dir pd not exists

Unfortunately I can not find a solution. If you need more information I would like to write it here.

Thanks & and a happy new year

helmut

Last edited:
- Is /var/www/vhosts/[main domain of subscription] owned by the subscription user and group psaserv?
- Is the web space document root directory owned by the web subscription user and group psaserv?

Hi Peter,
thanks for answer.

Yes, the system user is www-web1, i see in abonnements-> [main domain of subscription] -> in the right "Hosting" panel
User ist also in /etc/passwd
www-web1:x:10000:1004::/var/www/vhosts/[main domain of subscription]:/bin/bash

ls -l /var/www/vhosts/ :
drwx--x--- 38 www-web1 psaserv 4096 10. Dez 12:39 [main domain of subscription]
ls -ln /var/www/vhosts/ :
drwx--x--- 38 10000 1003 4096 10. Dez 12:39 [main domain of subscription]

ls -l /var/www/vhosts/[main domain of subscription] :
drwxr-x--- 6 www-web1 psaserv 4096 21. Nov 12:40 YYY-domain.de
ls -n /var/www/vhosts/[main domain of subscription] :
drwxr-x--- 6 10000 1003 4096 21. Nov 12:40 YYY-domain.de

Do you kow what #10450 mean? It is a plesk error-code or something like a user ID?
I can't found such a number in password-, groups- files or in plesk db.

Last edited:
This error message is shown when the affected subscription has files with invalid permissions, therefore, it will be necessary to find the files with invalid permissions:

By user: Where 10450 is the user shown in the error message

Code:
# find /var/www/vhosts/example.com -uid 10450

Once you confirm files with invalid permissions, you can try to run plesk repair fs:

Code:
# plesk repair fs

In case the issue persists, it'll be necessary to get the System user of the subscription: How to change name of subscription's system user in Plesk?

And fix the permissions manually:

Code:
# chmod sysuser:psacln /var/www/vhosts/example.com/<affected-files>

Ok, thanks IgrorG, thats my solution. There are some files with wrong permissions. After i fix it the backup is up and running again;o)
It's still not clear, why the complete website-domain-backup is blocked because of three or four files with wrong permissions!?

why the complete website-domain-backup is blocked because of three or four files with wrong permissions!?
That should indeed be investigated, because in Onyx it is not the case. There the backup is completed with warnings and the files that are inaccessible are simply omitted.

Back