• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Warning: Unable to back up files

smilan

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.57
For some time backup on the server is not working or all domains. Usually there is errors like this:
Unable to back up files from /var/www/vhosts/domen.com owned by system user. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_user-data_XXXXXXXXX.tzst 25
Unable to back up files from /var/www/vhosts/domen.com owned by Apache. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_apache-files_XXXXXXXXX.tzst 25
Unable to back up mail messages. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_domainmail_XXXXXXXXXX.tzst 25

# grep -ri dump /etc/psa/psa.conf is giving
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
# Backups temporary directory. DUMP_TMP_D should not be inside of (or equal to) DUMP_D.
DUMP_TMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps

/var/lib/psa/dumps]> ls -la is giving
[root@host ~]# /var/lib/psa/dumps]> ls -la
-bash: /var/lib/psa/dumps]: No such file or directory ???

Am I doing something wrong?
I appreciate any help.

# grep -ri dump /etc/psa/psa.conf is giving
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
# Backups temporary directory. DUMP_TMP_D should not be inside of (or equal to) DUMP_D.
DUMP_TMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps

/var/lib/psa/dumps]> ls -la is giving
[root@host ~]# /var/lib/psa/dumps]> ls -la
-bash: /var/lib/psa/dumps]: No such file or directory ???

Where is DUMP_TMP_D? --> It is the same like DUMP_D.
It is o.k. to have DUMP_TMP_D in the same path? --> No.

Besides, you'll need to have the path /var/lib/psa/dumps, but according to your output, that is missing. Can you create it? The path needs to be owned by psadm, group psadm, permissions 0750. You can locate your local backups into any other path as long as you edit DUMP_D to that path, too. DUMP_TMP_D would normally be /tmp.

Where is DUMP_TMP_D? --> It is the same like DUMP_D.
It is o.k. to have DUMP_TMP_D in the same path? --> No.

Besides, you'll need to have the path /var/lib/psa/dumps, but according to your output, that is missing. Can you create it? The path needs to be owned by psadm, group psadm, permissions 0750. You can locate your local backups into any other path as long as you edit DUMP_D to that path, too. DUMP_TMP_D would normally be /tmp.
I dont understand.
I have folder /var/lib/psa/dumps, owner and group is psaadm (two times a) and permission is 750.
I created /var/lib/psa/tmp folder and I changed psa.conf file, and I still get same error. What am I doing wrong?

According to your above shown output it was "/var/lib/psa/dumps" twice. I recommend to use /tmp (not /var/lib/psa/tmp) for temporary files.

It works. I changed location of temporary files to /tmp as you suggested, and back-up is now working normally. Owner of /tmp is root.
Thank you, but I still don't understand what happened and why it didn't work with /var/lib/psa/tmp, maybe owner problem?
Anyhow it is sorted now!
Once more thank you for your help.

Back