• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup_restore_helper utility returned incorrect result

H9k

Regular Pleskian
Since a couple of days, to be exact since I installed Update 8 on October 26, I get these warning messages for a couple of domains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="warnings" log-location="/opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2015-10-31-211202.421/migration.result">
<object name="server" type="server">
<object type="client" uuid="client#foobar" name="foobar">
<object uuid="domain#foo.bar" name="foo.bar" type="domain">
<message severity="warning" id="9d6e474f-e40a-48c0-8924-fb12d33337f8" code="UtilityError">
<description>backup_restore_helper utility returned incorrect result. Web settings, composer instances, scheduled tasks and database users have not been dumped. Please, contact your service provider</description>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</execution-result>

I have been unable to find out the cause of this problem so far. It only affects 7 domains on the system.
What could be the cause?
Prior to Update #8 I did not have this problem.

Hello, I have the same problem, but it's not domain related, it's server related:

Code:
  <execution-result status="warnings" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2015-11-02-012902.639/migration.result">
      <message id="ced38ff4-64ce-4c7e-87a6-e24f7f1079b4" severity="warning" code="UtilityError">
        <description>backup_restore_helper utility returned incorrect result. Web settings, scheduled tasks have not been dumped. Please, contact your service provider</description>
      </message>
    </object>
  </execution-result>

I was referring to the absence of
Code:
<object type="client" uuid="client#foobar" name="foobar">
<object uuid="domain#foo.bar" name="foo.bar" type="domain">

lines, which seemed to mean that the issue is not coming from a single specific domain.

Is it an upgraded Plesk or fresh installation?
backup_restore_helper returns XML as an output. So there are several reasons are possible. It may be some inconsistency in the database or some improper value. You can debug this utility by enable debug in panel.ini. You also can enable cli utilities output logging. Then make a backup again and check panel.log for any errors. I believe it helps to find the root cause of the problem.

Is it an upgraded Plesk or fresh installation?
backup_restore_helper returns XML as an output. So there are several reasons are possible. It may be some inconsistency in the database or some improper value. You can debug this utility by enable debug in panel.ini. You also can enable cli utilities output logging. Then make a backup again and check panel.log for any errors. I believe it helps to find the root cause of the problem.
My installation is upgraded. I enabled logging, will see what happens tomorrow after the next backup.

Apparently the problem has been fixed in Update 10 a couple of days ago, but that update does not show up for me (Debian 8).

Running 12.5.30 Update #12 on CentOS 6.7. Issue is still outstanding. I haven't got any forwarding domains.

<execution-result status="warnings" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2015-11-26-011303.221/migration.result">
<message id="f0ec486c-18ee-44fc-8984-fb1c3ae9d76b" severity="warning" code="UtilityError">
<description>backup_restore_helper utility returned incorrect result. Web settings, scheduled tasks have not been dumped. Please, contact your service provider</description>
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

I beleive panel.log should have more information about issue. Your possibly have to enable debug logging in panel.ini.
Information from the log may help to find the reason of the issue.

Thanks for pointing out at the right direction.
However found some other issue
[2015-11-26 07:50:04] ERR [panel] Failed to clear sitebuilder session: Failed to connect to sitebuilder - missing or incorrect /usr/local/sb/include/init.php

This is creating IDLE connections to the DB and it's affecting available connection nodes.

Any ideas? ( i do not use and neither will i use sitebuilder in the future)

Never mind. Seems like detection of installed Site Builder. It cannot affect Plesk
never said it did - different issue.

This seems to be the issue:
ERR [panel] Get dump 'backup_info_1511250113_1511260113.xml': Transport error: File 'backup_info_1511250113_1511260113.xml' not found

thanks for your feedback.

no occurances of cuBackupRestoreHelper or backup_restore_helper at panel.log

don't know what to say other than i've copy&paste the xml file from my "warning" email.

@Dmitry Y. : thank you for your time and patience

Don’t know if debug is enabled or not however the problem seems to be gone...

to be honest, coincidently or not it stopped happening once [2015-11-26 07:50:04] ERR [panel] Failed to clear site builder session: Failed to connect to site builder - missing or incorrect /usr/local/sb/include/init.php errors was resolved.

Back