• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backups Duplicated? Space issues.

Bob K.

New Pleskian
Hi, I am trying to understand Plesk backups better.

I am running Version 17.5.3 Update #39 and I resell hosting. I have about 50 sites containing 600+ emails accounts at the moment.

I have the Backup Manager set to do a complete backup every 30 days and incremental after that. Of course, this takes up space on the VM server which I pay for based on size.

I notice on each individual user account it also shows backups. I don’t see a way of turning that off. Many users have a static site and pop email, so those backups are not needed and just taking up space.

If I give someone a 10gb website, and they use 5gb, their backups while compressed might be another 3-5gb and use up all their space.

I can’t find information to tell me if the backups individual accounts see it just taken from my master backups or if this is a completely separate set of backups.

Ideally, I would like to control backups for each user individually. Some need backups daily, some weekly, some not at all. Is this possibly or am I stuck having both my master Plesk server backups and each and every domain backing up at the same time?

Thank you.
-Bob

Back