• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Backups/Files on /var/lib/psa/dumps

pge

New Pleskian
Hey guys,

we have configured the Backup Manager to store everything exclusively to an external storage.
Unfortunately /var/lib/psa/dumps seems to have a lot of files in it (maybe from a cancelled restore or failed backup?), which are using up a lot of space.
How do I safely remove them, without causing any harm to the backup consistency?

Thanks,
P.

I seem to have been awarded some "let me google that for you" trophy.
Im very well aware of the search and HAVE used it, but in this case nothing suites my problem.

We have remote backups, with local failover configured.
Also there has been a (cancelled) restore of a single file, which seemed to have triggered the copying of a mass of remote backup files to the local storage which now seem to sit there.
I need to clean up the drive and was wondering what would be safe to delete, because i cant make sense of the data i see in aforementioned directory.

perhaps you have allready seen this, but normaly with this knowledgebase entry you should be able to get it solved: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...w-to-remove-Plesk-backup-files-and-their-logs
That's a good tutorial for removing the files, is there a way to prevent it from doing this? I have something like 15 plesk servers and several of them have critically high disk usage every few weeks or months. If I don't catch the alert the server stops serving sites until I go in and clean up these files.

Be careful when deleting files from your local backup folder(s). If you are the only one using the server and know that you have nothing stored there, it is safe. But if there are more users, some of the files are related to their subscription backups and should not be removed.

If (and only if) allyour backups are configured to remote storage, then all files in the directory /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/<domainname> itself are leftovers from botched backup runs (when the remote is full, unreachable, whatever, the intermediate files remain on local storage and keep piling up).
Same for subdomains in /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/<domainname>/sites/<sub.domainname>/ and for /databases/ subdirectories. Do not touch the other subdirectories.

Back