1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Issue Bad code format by adding IPv4 over Plesk Panel

Discussion in 'Plesk Onyx for Linux' started by Dukemaster, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Dukemaster

Dukemaster Regular Pleskian

Hi Plesk developers,
    Now I reproduced this error for several times during the last weeks. By adding new IPv4 over IP Pool of Plesk Panel the new code is pasted directly behind the last letter of existing code of /etc/network/interfaces ...Please look.
    The result is failure by:
    Note: After I corrected the configuration of all 3 additional IPv4 the last two weeks, they immediately ran successful without failure.

This is the real code of my interfaces file after adding the last IPv4 yesterday.
    I wonder why the standard IPv6 is in the extra file "ipv6" of /interfaces.d/ directory. But that's unimportant.

Lots of greets

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. UFHH01

UFHH01 Plesk addicted!

64%
    Hi Dukemaster,

such issues appear, if you manually edited the file "/etc/network/interfaces", without adding a space/tab and a new line AFTER your manual edits... so it's a user mistake. :(

Pls. add more informations to this statement, as it is unclear, WHAT you mean with it and what your ( possible ) issues/errors/problems you experience. In addition, pls. note, that this might be unrelated to your thread title, which could irritate other forum users. :(