• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Badmailfrom not Blocking Internal Spammers

A

agubaira

Hi,

I currently have problems with some hosted users that are sending spam from my server. The associated domains and email addresses are identified and added automatically by an antispam software called Spamguard, I have installed. However it seems like Qmail is ignoring the badmailfrom list when the emails are sent by local domains. I did several tests on my own and badmailfrom only works when my box receives emails from external mailservers.

Is there a way to blacklist domains or email addresses hosted on my server, so the offending users cannot send spam through webmail or php scripts ?

Thank you

Wouldn't the simplest solution be to shut off the spammer's websites or even just their email facility? Our terms and conditions state categorically that sending spam is not allowed - I'm sure yours are too? Kill them off.

Faris.

Thanks for your reply faris, I agree with you. However it may take some time from the beginning of the spamming action and the moment I realize who is spamming. Therefore I would like to block the emails when the count is beyond a limit. That gives me time to apply domain restrictions while shutting down spam from the start. Do I explain myself ?

You have to restart qmail for that to go into effect, however I'm not sure if that file is parsed for local processing or not. It might only apply to messages being passed inbound. If it doesnt, check out qmail-scanner. This implements outbound anti-spam filtering.

Back