• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Before forced update - Plesk pre-upgrade check

Piekielko

Basic Pleskian
"WARNING: The proftpd FTP service will fail to start in case the support for IPv6 is disabled on the server. Please check FTP service cannot be started by xinetd if IPv6 is disabled on Plesk for Linux server for details.
Continuing installation or picking up without solving problems that have been found can damage your data."

If it was an automatic update, would the data be damaged?
In /etc/xinetd.d/ftp_psa i hanged to
#flags = IPv6
flags = IPv4

Do I have to change or reset something else?

I do not think that the problem with the start of the FTP server can somehow damage your data. Just fix the problem and run the update process again.

Thanks for the quick response.

I added an additional disk to the server and transferred the website data there. I have many folders redirected using symbolic links/shortcut. Will this not be a problem in the Plesk update?
14412-b38889611c9737bc31937b6adb12e68b.jpg

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.JPG
    Przechwytywanie.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You have to use transvhosts.pl Plesk utility for this vhosts relocation. In this case, we can talk about the minimum probability of problems.
In your case, they may well arise.

Generally, I have been setting these settings for a year using Plesk 17.5.3. In the panel I add / remove domains, update - there was never a problem with that...

Thanks for your attention.
I will look for professional support.

Back