• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Best PHP-FPM pool settings for high traffic site

stevemartin

Basic Pleskian
what is Best PHP-FPM pool settings for high traffic site like 1k online users for a xenforo forum runing single domain
891627bb87ac73e8daa83dbc170e5f5d.png

my server config
CPUIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz (40 core(s))
Plesk VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.25_build1800200325.19 os_CentOS 7
OSCentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)
Mermory256GB
HDDSSD 1TB x2 raid 1

could you please tell me if my site has 250000 visitors per day this settings works with it ?
my site is free music download site and has huge mp3 data
link :
pm.max_children: At least 25
pm.max_requests: At least 10000
pm = ondemand

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing server owners tend to do for an immediate fix, is to restart the PHP-FPM service. But simply restarting the service is only a band-aid solution, and you will soon see the load spiking McDVOICE

Last edited:
Hi I changed my pm.max_children from 10 to 20 across all the domain names, now the plesk dashboard is so slow. Is there any connection on that?

Unfortunately I dont have the ssh access. So I cannot confirm that. I changing the pm.max_children can be the cause of it?

PHP setting pm.max_children has nothing to do with MySQL operation. If only indirectly.

Back