• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Best PHP-FPM pool settings for high traffic site

stevemartin

Basic Pleskian
what is Best PHP-FPM pool settings for high traffic site like 1k online users for a xenforo forum runing single domain
891627bb87ac73e8daa83dbc170e5f5d.png

my server config
CPUIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz (40 core(s))
Plesk VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.25_build1800200325.19 os_CentOS 7
OSCentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)
Mermory256GB
HDDSSD 1TB x2 raid 1

could you please tell me if my site has 250000 visitors per day this settings works with it ?
my site is free music download site and has huge mp3 data
link :
pm.max_children: At least 25
pm.max_requests: At least 10000
pm = ondemand

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing server owners tend to do for an immediate fix, is to restart the PHP-FPM service. But simply restarting the service is only a band-aid solution, and you will soon see the load spiking McDVOICE

Last edited:
Hi I changed my pm.max_children from 10 to 20 across all the domain names, now the plesk dashboard is so slow. Is there any connection on that?

Unfortunately I dont have the ssh access. So I cannot confirm that. I changing the pm.max_children can be the cause of it?

PHP setting pm.max_children has nothing to do with MySQL operation. If only indirectly.

Back